Tuesday, February 25, 2014

1 of 642 - What Can Happen in a Second

I was in Barnes and Nobel today perusing books about baseball for research on a project I am developing when I came across a book called 642 Things to Write About.  It's a journal that gives you writing prompts. As someone who is just starting to take her writing seriously I thought it would be fun to try and do one a day and post it here and see where these prompts take me.

1 of 642 - What Can Happen in a Second

There are 1 of 2 conditions that must be met when I write.  I will drink and I will listen to Miles Davis.  I need to do one or the other preferably both.  At the moment it's Miles Davis Round About Midnight.  It is painful to force yourself to write when you don't have anything that specifically inspired you.  

...What can happen in a second?  Inspiration, connection, disconnection....

Just one second to feel a connection to you.  
You vibrate on the frequency of jazz musicians at 3 in the morning
that second our souls danced
now I try and untangle myself from that beautiful moment
saddened that seconds like this happen rarely
and are never meant to last




No comments:

Post a Comment